The Family Pantry will be distributing food again on Tuesday, March 31st from 10:00am - 3:30pm!!
To all of our volunteers, the Staff of the Pantry continue to make adjustments to our operations on a daily basis, based on the updates we’re receiving. As of March 26th, we:
• Continue to talk with the Harwich Health Dept. seeking their advice in regards to Pantry
• Continue to take part in conference calls held by the Barnstable County Regional
Emergency Planning Committee where we receive updates on the subject
• Continue to have our cleaning company clean the Pantry every day to ensure that all
surfaces are thoroughly disinfected
• Continue to have signage posted throughout our building discouraging anyone who may
be ill from entering our facility
• Have barriers placed in front of the check-in desk to provide a safe space for volunteers
• Provide disinfecting spray, wipes, cleaners throughout the building
• Require all surfaces in the Pantry to be wiped down every four hours during operations
• Require all volunteers to wear disposable gloves, change them frequently, wash their
hands and use sanitizer
• Ensure that Pantry bathrooms are monitored for cleanliness and disinfect them on a
• Have received an additional 32 pallets of non-perishable food product to stockpile as a
• Continue to conduct staff meetings regularly to review current events and make plans for
alternative methods of food distribution.
• Continue to stay in touch with our Council on Aging partners to encourage increased use
of our Mobile Pantry program
• Have closed our 4 C’s food pantry until further notice
• Have closed our Second Glance Thrift Boutique until April 5, 2020.
• Have made the decision to close the client side of our Pantry Clothing Boutique
• Have on order additional antiseptic wipes, hand held thermometers, disposable gloves
and face masks
• Have restricted access to the Pantry, to staff and volunteers only and have switched to a
“Pick & Pack” method of food distribution. Our clients complete a Pantry shopping list
outside the building and the order is “Picked & Packed” by our shift volunteers inside.
The completed order is then rolled outside in a shopping cart for our client to pick up.
• We have on hand a supply of disposable face masks available to anyone who may wish
to use them. Please ask a staff member
• We have made the decision to close the Pantry to all donations of clothing and
housewares until further notice.
• We have purchased and erected a slightly used tent (15’ x 15”) with roll down sides to
be used directly outside our client entrance. This allows our staff/volunteers and
clients to be out of the weather
The Pantry team will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments to our operations
as necessary. We will work to keep all of you updated. Thank you for your patience,
dedication, and service to our mission.